F3 St. Louis Region Calendar
1st-F CSAUPs and Runs, 2nd-F events, 3rd-F philanthropic activities, and more! There is so much going on across the region, use this calendar to keep it all straight!
Contact your Commz team to add events to the calendar!
- This event has passed.
GoRuck Tough Challenge
September 30, 2022
Date & Time
Friday, September 30, 2022 21:00
Your start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
“We all came to peace with it — if I die here, I die here. But I’m not going to let it happen to the guys around me. That’s what it became about. We weren’t fighting for the flag, or the nation or freedom. I wasn’t even thinking about my family. All I thought about was that I wasn’t going to let anything happen to the guy on my left and the guy on my right.”
– U.S. Army Ranger Keni Thomas, Task Force Ranger
Commemorate 28 years since the battle in Somalia that resulted in the ultimate sacrifice of 18 U.S. servicemen, including two Delta Force snipers who were posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor. This Challenge honors the men of Task Force Ranger (3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment; 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta; and 10th Mountain Division) their courage and sacrifice on 3/4 October 1993 to achieve mission success, albeit at great cost. Expect a history lesson and a timeline re-enactment of the mission that inspired Black Hawk Down.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
WHAT TO BRING
- A rucksack aka backpack (Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L (bringing 1 is mandatory, 2 is recommended)
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Participants must also bring Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable) in case water resupply is harder
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Gloves (1 pair) not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.